Monday, April 2, 2012

Reading Log 2

Since my last reading log post I've made some promising progress. I keep having that recurring issue with this book, where I start reading and just can't seem to stop. The thrill and excitement that this story has is unmatched by any book I've previously read. I really appreciate the characterization in The Hunger Games. The imagery used to express both major and minor characters gave me a keen visual of each one of them. Descriptions such as "my long tangled braid fell at ease upon my shoulder," really created an image that I could hold on to for the course of the book. The author also had a unique way of building up a particular scene. Specifically in an action scene, through intense language you'd find your heart racing as you read line to line as if you were in the book. The story is able to consume the reader in this way.  Well I'm glad I'm reading this book and look forward to reading more of the series in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment